Monday, May 20, 2013

1992 Brunette Totally Hair Barbie Doll

Pictured is a 1992 Brunette Totally Hair Barbie.  I found her rather unexpectedly in one of those random lots of dolls I like to purchase now and then.  This poor doll had her hair in a scrappy ponytail, which I promptly took down and have been fighting with the resulting hard crease ever since.  Her ski-slope bangs are frizzy.  Deep conditioning has tamed down this doll's hair considerably, aside from the bangs.  However, the cut is uneven - all her original "crimps" are gone.  I have a few of these dolls with their original hairstyle and clothes. I have been able to restore many blonde and brunette Totally Hair Barbies, and a Totally Hair Ken.   I will photograph them sometime for the blog - they are currently in storage.  This particular doll would probably benefit most from a re-root.  Her face make up is great and completely intact.  Her limbs are reasonably tight, as well as her waist.  Someone did attempt to puncture another hole in her left ear, but it's really nothing more than a pin prick.



She is currently up for auction on eBay.  If she doesn't sell, she's going in storage as a project doll for down the road, since I'm such a sucker for those nice purple and blue eyes.  Gotta love the late 80's/early 90's.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment