Monday, May 20, 2013

My Scene Madison

Pictured here is a lovely My Scene Madison doll.  She came to me in a box lot of dolls that had been very very very much loved (read:  highly played with ... battle scars to show it!).  Her feet are chewed.  She had nail polish painted as a swimsuit on much of her body - I successfully removed most of it.  Her hair was quite tangled and it was highly possible she was used as a bath toy from time to time.  I gently coaxed waves back into her hair, which I think is quite lovely.  I cleaned her up and performed a few repairs - I may work more on her chewed feet later, although I am probably limited in what I can accomplish.  I had to super glue half of one foot to keep it from tearing off, and now it looks great and wears a shoe quite well, as can be seen in the picture.  She was a challenge, but well worth the effort!  I redressed her in non-Mattel 11 1/2 inch size doll clothes - I think it gives her a nice Parisian look, all artsy by the street corner, waiting for her favorite poetry cafe to open for the evening so she can listen to some slow, bluesy grooves to the rhythm and soul of the latest artist to grace the stage.


No comments:

Post a Comment